Harry & Meghan

Why Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Really Returning to Britain After Six Years Away

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly preparing for a major return to Britain, more than six years after leaving the UK and establishing a new life in the United States.

Reports of the unexpected move emerged on Wednesday night, prompting fresh speculation about what may have convinced the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to make such a significant change. A PR expert has now offered a possible explanation for the couple’s decision.

Harry and Meghan are expected to relocate later this month and reportedly plan to settle in a private, non-royal property outside London. Their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, are also said to have been enrolled in schools in Britain ahead of the family’s arrival.

Despite the move, the Sussexes are not expected to resume official royal duties. Their position would remain unchanged, with Harry and Meghan continuing to live as private individuals rather than returning as working members of the Royal Family.

The prospect of the Sussex family establishing a permanent base in Britain has nevertheless raised questions about why they have chosen to return now, with one PR specialist suggesting there may be a strategic reason behind the dramatic change.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit rоyal life six years ago

PR and branding expert Renae Smith believes the reported move should be viewed primarily as a strategic decision rather than an emotional homecoming.

Smith, founder of The Atticism, told the Daily Express that major decisions of this kind are usually driven by what those involved believe will ultimately benefit them.

“Let me start with the golden rule of my industry: people do things for their own benefit. Always,” she said.

Smith suggested that regardless of how Harry and Meghan eventually explain their return, something may have shifted in the couple’s assessment of where their best opportunities lie.

“So whatever the official framing ends up being, the simple truth is that for some reason, Harry and Meghan have decided the UK now holds more opportunity for them than the US does,” she continued.

She added: “Nobody swaps Montecito sunshine for British drizzle out of sentiment. Something in their calculation has changed, and that is the real story here.”

Harry and Meghan’s relationship with Britain has changed considerably since they stepped away from their roles as senior working royals in early 2020. At the time, the couple moved to the United States with the aim of creating a more independent life, including financial independence from the monarchy.

Over the years, reports repeatedly suggested that Meghan had little desire to return to Britain, with some claims going as far as saying she never wanted to “set foot in Britain ever again.” Recent developments, however, appear to paint a very different picture.

Last month, the Duke and Duchess returned to the UK with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet and privately reunited with the King and Queen at Highgrove House.

The family meeting was handled with considerable discretion, with details only emerging after the gathering had concluded. The visit marked a significant moment in relations between the Sussexes and the Royal Family following years of tensions and distance.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are cоming back at the end of this mоnth

Questions Remain Over Harry and Meghan’s Reported UK Return

Renae Smith stressed that the motivation behind such a significant change remains unclear, suggesting several possible factors could have influenced Harry and Meghan’s reported decision.

“We simply do not know what is driving this. Perhaps Meghan is ready to try again properly. Perhaps Harry wants to be closer to royal life, or even wants a way back into it,” she said.

Smith also raised the possibility that private family circumstances could be playing a role. However, she cautioned against drawing firm conclusions without knowing what has been happening behind closed doors.

“Perhaps there is family news we are not privy to that makes being on the right side of the Atlantic suddenly matter. Any one of those would fully explain this decision, and the honest answer is that none of us on the outside know which it is,” she continued.

One thing Smith believes is unlikely is that such a major relocation happened spontaneously. She argued that the arrangements would almost certainly have required extensive preparation before becoming public.

“What I will say is that a move this drastic is never done on a whim. This will have been discussed, negotiated and planned for a long time before we ever heard about it.”

King Charles was reportedly informed of the plans on Sunday, just three days before news of the move emerged publicly. The monarch, who continues to undergo cancer treatment, is understood to welcome the prospect of spending more private time with Harry, Meghan and his grandchildren.

However, the Sussexes’ position within the monarchy is not expected to change. Harry and Meghan will remain non-working royals, with no revival of the previously discussed “half-in, half-out” arrangement.

Attention is also likely to turn towards Prince William and Princess Catherine and how they respond to having the Sussex family back in Britain. Relations between William and Harry have remained strained following the Duke of Sussex’s public allegations about his brother and other senior members of the Royal Family in the years following his 2020 departure.

Public reaction could prove equally significant. Harry and Meghan have repeatedly criticised aspects of royal life since moving to America, meaning their decision to establish a base in Britain could generate considerable debate.

Recent polling also suggests the couple continue to face an uphill battle with sections of the British public. A YouGov survey conducted last month found that 22% of respondents viewed Meghan positively, compared with 65% who held an unfavourable opinion. Harry recorded somewhat stronger figures, with 33% viewing him positively and 58% negatively.

Meanwhile, reports indicate that Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are expected to begin attending their new British schools in September.

The move would not mean abandoning the Sussexes’ life overseas entirely. Harry and Meghan reportedly intend to retain their properties in Montecito, California, and Portugal, while Meghan is expected to continue overseeing her lifestyle brand, As Ever, from the family’s new UK base.

Source

Harry

Recent Posts

Prince William May Abandon Long-Standing Royal Tradition in Major Change as King

Prince William may choose to leave behind one familiar royal custom when he eventually becomes…

1 week ago

William and Kate Get Significant Financial Boost While Enjoying Summer Break With Their Children

Prince William and Princess Catherine have received a significant financial boost that could help support…

1 week ago

Reports Claim Tensions Between King Charles, William and Kate Over Queen Camilla

King Charles has reportedly sent what one royal insider described as a "public sign of…

2 weeks ago

Princess Charlotte’s Sweet Bond With Duchess Sophie Shines in Touching Royal Moment

Princess Charlotte joined Prince William, Princess Catherine and the rest of the Wales family on…

3 weeks ago

Prince William and Princess Kate Reappear With a Refreshed Image During Their Summer Holiday

Prince William and Princess Catherine appear to have refreshed their social media presence during their…

3 weeks ago

Fresh Start for Prince Harry After Claimed Reunion With the King

Prince Harry has announced an exciting new milestone for the Invictus Games, revealing that the…

1 month ago