Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been detained on suspicion of misconduct in public office, according to Thames Valley Police. The development came less than an hour after six unmarked police vehicles were seen arriving at Wood Farm earlier this morning, the residence where Andrew has been staying on the King’s Sandringham Estate. Authorities also confirmed that searches are being conducted at additional properties in Berkshire and Norfolk.
The arrest coincides with the former Duke of York’s 66th birthday. If convicted of misconduct in public office, the offence carries a potential maximum sentence of life imprisonment.

Following the news, the King released a brief statement saying the law must take its course.
In an official statement issued on Thursday morning, Thames Valley Police — who did not identify Andrew in line with UK legal guidelines — said: As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
The statement continued: The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.
READ MORE: Prince William Shares Candid Mental Health Reflections in Powerful BBC Radio 1 Interview

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright confirmed that a formal investigation has now been launched into the alleged misconduct in public office, following what he described as a comprehensive review of the claims.
He said: Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.
He added that maintaining the fairness and independence of the inquiry is essential while officers work alongside partner agencies, acknowledging the high level of public interest surrounding the case.

As he stated: It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.
Previously, the force confirmed it had been examining allegations that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Jeffrey Epstein for the purpose of a sexual encounter with Andrew, as well as claims that sensitive information may have been shared with Epstein during Andrew’s time as the UK’s trade envoy.
Andrew, who turns 66 today, has firmly and repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. Norfolk Constabulary also confirmed it is assisting Thames Valley Police with the ongoing investigation into the alleged offence.

Earlier on Thursday, six unmarked police vehicles were seen parked near Wood Farm, where Andrew is currently residing after stepping back from Royal Lodge in Windsor. Around eight plainclothes officers were observed at the property, with one officer carrying what appeared to be a police-issued laptop. One vehicle reportedly entered via the main driveway, while the remaining five accessed the five-bedroom farmhouse through a rear entrance in the village of Wolferton.
The development comes as seven UK police forces are understood to be reviewing fresh material linked to the Epstein files. These include Essex Police, the Metropolitan Police, Thames Valley Police, Bedfordshire Police, Surrey Police, Norfolk Constabulary and Wiltshire Police. The forces are said to be coordinating their efforts to ensure a consistent and unified approach to the ongoing investigations.
It was also revealed that the National Crime Agency (NCA) is collaborating with the dedicated police task force examining the Epstein-related documents, including allegations connected to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
When questioned about the arrest, Prime Minister Keir Starmer stated that nobody is above the law.
Royal Family Fans Royal Family Fans